Thursday, August 13, 2015

Fred Weibel Elementary School

Hey guys!

           Biking for Two hours in 80 degrees ( obviously Fahrenheit or I be a melted Deborah). Why did I do that?

          A little fun fact about me: I went to Weibel Elementary school for kindergarden and first grade. Then I switched schools. On my last day at Weibel, my first grade teacher Mr. Kilby said to come back and visit. That was June 2005. So it took me 10 years and 2 months to come back and visit. Imagine of seeing one's old elementary school only 4 times since one left. Yeah.

          So what got me the idea to come back? Well I wanted to for such a long time. And the last time I seen Weibel was last Monday when I was driving home (with a permit and a driving instructor though I didn't know I was actually driving since I was so nervous). When I saw the school's sign, I kinda took my foot off the throttle when I was turning and just pointed at it, smiling. Tip: Never focus on one point when you're driving. That's what the instructor told me. Anyway, since my Thursday afternoon was free I just decide to bike there since school starts in 13 days. That's too close. And I made it a goal of mine to visit Weibel this summer so why not?

         When I bike over there ( took me half an hour or so), I felt nostalgic and happy there. I actually remember some of the fun times I have with my friends, where my classrooms were, the multipurpose room, the look of the school (well everything seems smaller until I bent down my knees)...I miss it a lot. I admit it's the first time I miss and enjoy a school, since my other schools are an everyday view and not always full of great memories. And my times at Weibel were not all great, but being there made me happy. A lot has changed and a lot stayed the same when I left. I got lost there in my feelings as I roam around the school ( and attracting the attention of the janitor there. Hi!) Hmm, sometimes I wished I could stayed at Weibel and not move schools and houses...but I did switched schools and houses. I can't change that. But I can enjoy the experience and memories. And there are definitely some great memories I cherish. And I was luckily ( Thank you God!!) reunite with one of my Weibel friends. Soooo....

Happy Birthday Alexander Lee! (Whether early or belated, still happy birthday) Maybe you and I can come back here, visit and make new memories.

The Blacktop area


View of the school portable 
(next to room 32, my first grade classroom)

View of the school

The Multipurpose room inside

The Multipurpose room outside

Beautiful Mural
(Why that not there when I attended the school? Pretty)

The Office
(Great places to wait for my parents on those days)

The Parking lot

Me in my biking helmet reflecting off a classroom window
( I look weird. L.o.l)

View of the School
(It's like a maze. Amazing♪)

Great view to remember

Race ya!
Me feeling euphoric

One of the most fun summer I had. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment