Monday, August 21, 2017

Solar Eclipse! (Partially, not Totality)

If you were in the Bay Area (or places with clouds in the summer), you know that you have clouds during the beginning part of the eclipse.

Fantastic.

In a way, it is.
(And I have watching too much Doctor Who, which explains if I would shout phrases like Allonsy).

First off, since I am in the West Coast, the solar eclipse happened from 9 am to 11:30 am. From 9 am to 10:15 am, there were clouds, so I just pet my cats and glazed around me to see how soft the light is. After a while, I called a friend and asked if I could visit, since I was hoping the clouds would part away within 10-15 minutes as they usually do in the Bay Area around this time. While I walking, I noticed a group of women staring at the sky to see the eclipse and up I saw the white sliver of the moon and sun. I pulled out my wielder's glass and saw the sun as a tinged yellow moon while the sky turned black. Needless to say that I was photographing for an hour, which is really not wise since starring at the sun, even with a wielder's glass. Nonetheless, I took amazing pictures that I love. I look forward to seeing the upcoming partial solar eclipse in October 14, 2023. (I may be in grad/med school at that time....wait, the last solar eclipse was on May 22, 2012...back in 8th grade)

Back to the Tardis.

May 22, 2012

May 22, 2012 6:24pm

May 22, 2012 6:37pm

August 21, 2017
 10:13 am to 11:16 am (taking pics)
You can tell the difference between camera quality.
First point and shoot for May 22, 2012 and First DSLR for Aug 21, 2017.
P.S.
Only the first two are edited a bit in Camera Raw.




No comments:

Post a Comment