Monday, June 13, 2016

“This is the way the world ends Not with a bang but a whimper.”-T.S. Eliot

On June 8, 2016, I graduated Mission San Jose high school.


Yet, I cannot shook off that fact.
  I cannot believe that I may not see the faces that I have seen for years within a few months.
  I cannot believe how the world can change so suddenly, only to reveal how vulnerable and fragile we are.  

         While I am processing the times when I spent with them during karaoke night and the Grad Nite Disneyland trip, I felt a sense that I was in a dream, a dream that has a chance of ending. With the news of Christina Grimmie's sudden death and the mass shooting in Orlando, the dream to continue living on earth has ended for many others. I cannot believe that while I was spending my time at Disneyland, such awful events has already happened. While I am having fun, someone is dying, and this sad truth is always happening.

Why?

Within our souls, we repeats the question over and over again, and it comes back unanswered in our head. In the end, we may never know. Even if we do know, the sad heartbreak still lingers in our hearts, and it cannot erase the pain away.  The regrets, the tears, the stifled cries, the moment when we fall apart comes crashing down--for now.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, ... a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance"-Ecclesiastes 3:1, 2, 4.

We know that eventually we would heal from the loss, but when? I guess it depends on whether or not you want to and if you are ready to accept what has happened. At least, we are never alone in this situation, and we should not be alone since we have a common end.
"Death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart" -Ecclesiastes 7:2. Looking back on the verse and history, we can no longer assume we will live long. We cannot predict our future or take our lives and the people (and animals) around us for granted. Even though we assume that we would live long enough to have jobs, raise a family, and be grandparents, we cannot imagine that can happen as a guarantee with the state of this world. The moments that we are enjoying together should be considered be as a blessing.

As an encouragement, I shall end this post from a favorite manga I enjoyed, Full Metal Alchemist.
"No matter how often we get beaten down, become discouraged, lose our way, come close to failing, and even if we know if's for superficial reasons, we keep fighting on, we find strength in each other."-Edward Elric.

Keep praying and show that you care to everyone.
Keep trusting in God even if the world fall apart.
And no matter what, don't lose sight of what and who is important to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment